Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, September 11, 2015

Cheers!

Tonight I was asked to give a toast during happy hour. I'm not sure I've ever been asked to do that before in a public setting. All of a sudden, the strangest thing happened...I got nervous! When it comes to speaking, that kind of thing doesn't happen to me. Ever.

I took a breath and with absolute clarity, realized what was happening: these people I stood with...my colleagues, my friends...are people who inspire me so deeply, that I was terrified I wouldn't be able to find the right words to express these emotions. But, after I took a second and looked at their smiling faces, I knew just what to say...

"Cheers to the kindest, hard-working, collaborative, inspirational, brilliant, and weird people I've ever had the pleasure to work with."

I am so proud to be part of this team.

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: