Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, September 07, 2015

The Prequel

I stopped blogging some time ago. July 20, 2012 to be exact.

Up until that point, I spent nearly every day reflecting on my day to find thankfulness in a world that can sometimes feel, well, thankless. It very quickly became my outlet, my therapy, and the way I cataloged memories. I have always been the poorest excuse of a scrapbooker, so blogging served as the ultimate multimedia substitute! :)

I'm not totally sure why I stopped writing. Let's just go ahead and chalk it up to the good 'ole "life" excuse, shall we? I'm good with that.

Until Friday night.

Friday night, after talking with a friend and my husband, I realized just how much I was missing out by not writing anymore.

There is something sacred about giving yourself just 15 minutes to think, be thankful, and reflective so when the 15 minutes is up you are present...not checking email 1000 times a day, or Facebook or Twitter every 10 seconds, sending texts while doing six other things. Present, observant, and the best of who you are.

I'm not sure that I've done the best at maintaining this kind of balance over the last few years.

I'm on a mission to regain what was lost. And, in an effort to fill in the (very LARGE) blanks from July 20, 2012 to now, I'll take you on a  little walk down memory lane. I need to "scrapbook" anyway. :)

To get started...you'll notice I've changed my blog title.

We moved! 
Leaving the Rockies was one of the most difficult decisions we ever made. It was, however, a decision that led us to adventures beyond our wildest dreams and has allowed us to be near our very dear families once again. And so, on June 26th, 2013, we said goodbye to our little condo in the Mile High City and made our way to Grand Rapids, MI.
We have trees!...and a yard. :) 
Sofia
Be still my heart. This child of ours has grown into such a strong, kind, intelligent, creative soul. And grown she has! Sofia is now eight years old and entering third grade on Tuesday. Each day she finds a little more of herself as she plays with neighbor friends, girl scouts, soccer teammates and the family. While we may be biased as her parents, she's one wicked cool kid.

Learning about pulleys at COSI. Spring 2015


Nico
This child. This child is one special little dude. Loveable, creative, HILARIOUS, and always moving at the speed of light, Nico continues to melt our hearts each day. On July 4th, he turned 5. 5! Time has flown since he burst his way into the family and will begin Young 5's on Wednesday. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of action shots.

Breakfast date with our little dude. Spring 2015
Chris
When Chris and I were 17, we went on our first date. I told him that night, over apple crisp at TGI Friday's, that I knew I would marry him some day. He chuckled, took a breath, and then told me that was the kindest compliment he had ever received. I still know after 17 years that my decision-making skills have never been more accurate. This man continues to cause my heart to swell. I love watching him be a father. He embodies strength, kindness, and selflessness. He is what I always dreamed my children would have as a father. His career has shifted a bit as he now focuses more on the estimating end of the construction business. Our move opened up an incredible opportunity with an outstanding construction firm and he is thriving. I am so proud of him.

A major bonus of being back in MI...MSU Football Games! Fall 2014

Me
Arriving in Michigan meant a change in career path for me too. Instead of teaching tweens, I made the shift to leading adult learning as an ed tech consultant. I focused primarily on training educators on the use and implementation of Google Apps and even got into online course development. These processes helped me become a Google Certified Trainer and have allowed me to work with thousands of educators across the Midwest. This work also opened the door to working with a startup company where I am now the Senior Education Consultant. Add to that my side gig as a distributor in the health and wellness industry and well, I'd say, my time away from home each day is rather filled. :) Learning to balance work life and home life has been a journey for me...one I'm sure you'll hear much about over the next year. I'll definitely say one thing though: I have never, ever, loved being a mother and a wife more.

I wear grown up shoes now. :)

So that's the quick update. There are many, many stories to tell and I can't wait to share them all with you.

And for this, I am thankful. :)




No comments: