Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 128: Real Spring Water

Today we ventured up to the Reudi Reservoir to do some fishing, sightseeing and enjoy some family time together. The drive was gorgeous with the road bending along with the twists and turns of the Frying Pan River. The weather couldn't have been more cooperative either. It was all simply delightful!

About halfway into our drive we pulled off to the side of the road behind our friend Joel. He told us to get out of the car and grab our water bottles because he wanted to show us something. Out we hopped not having a clue what we were about to see. We walked about 10 feet from the side of the road and there it was: an actual mountain spring. For real. I opened my water bottled and filled it up to take a drink. It was better than any bottle of water I've purchased in my life. This was nature's best and so amazing.

I know sipping water doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. But I think the sheer magnitude of it's purity, the mountains and river surrounding us and the likelihood that I would ever get to do something like that again hit me. Nature is pretty cool and I have so enjoyed spending so much time outside with my family lately. For all of this, I am thankful!



Reudi Reservoir, June 12, 2011

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Woods Rd,Aspen,United States

No comments: