Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 140: No Pain...Well, Kind Of

For some reason, I have been blessed with the kind of teeth that no matter how much I brush, floss, rinse and repeat (and I really do these things!!!!) I ALWAYS arrive at my 6 month dental check-up with cavities. In fact, at age 30, I already have 5 crowns and 12 fillings. Boo.

At my dental appointment today, the results were no different: 2 cavities requiring a filling and a crown. Thankfully, I have an incredible dentist. She knows my fear of needles. She knows my high level of anxiety around having my teeth worked on. She knows these things so well that she postponed my next appointment until she has returned from her maternity leave so that some random person isn't working on me. Her exact words were, "I know you. I know your mouth. I think we'll both feel better if I do the work."

That's good enough for me! And for this, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you don't have to floss all your teeth. only the ones you want to keep!

Anonymous said...

seems like you've been to the dentist a thousand times! you obviously know the drill... :)