Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 146: More Than Before

When we first moved to Denver, I found a summer job working as a barista at the neighborhood coffee shop. It was a nice way to fill the time before the school year began and it gave me an opportunity to meet nearly everyone in the neighborhood. The shop had only been open a few months before I began working there and it seemed like every day business was improving. When I asked the owner what his plan was to increase business his response was simple: Just make more next month than he did this month.

Worked for me.

I've been thinking about that model a lot lately as it pertains to this blog. I began writing here more than 6 years ago as a way to chronicle our new life out west as a young married couple and then as a family. I didn't really care who read my blog. It was my digital diary. When I shifted the focus to 365 days of thankfulness as a part of my process for healing from post-partum depression, something changed. I do care who reads what I have to say. I care that by finding one small moment in each day to be thankful for, it provides a completely different perspective on how I continue to push forward. I care that my thankfulness is impacting the lives of others.

So here's my goal: More than before. This is a picture of the traffic on my blog as of the last 2 years. Since I have begun my thankfulness focus, my hits have increased dramatically -- each month more than before. I am thankful for this. But I'd like to see my readership increase still. So share. Please share. If you've found any of what I've written compelling -- or even laughable, please, share this site with others.

I am grateful for each and every day. That can be contagious, right?

2 comments:

GPA said...

Caught back up again! Great haircut! You should send Chris there and see what they can do!

Anonymous said...

regardless of what your data says you've got a dang good blog that we enjoy reading out here in Cali...