Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 141: Anniversary Dinner

Tonight, Chris and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary (a day early). And, as a first, we had company to join in on the celebration! As it is our last weekend in Aspen, Lisa and Joel joined us at Cache Cache, a French bistro, for an adults only evening of storytelling, wine, scrumptious food, laughter and friendship. Once we were done with dinner, we all took a walk down the city streets lit up with lanterns, street lamps within trees, and candlelit restaurant tables that spilled onto the sidewalks. All-in-all, it felt like an evening right out of a storybook.

I'll never forget the day we got married. Along with the birth of our children, it truly was one of the best days of my life. On June 26, 2004, I married my best friend and love of my life. He believes in me, supports me, challenges me, dreams with me, walks in faith with me and most importantly, loves me unconditionally. I honestly feel like I am the luckiest woman on earth.

During the toasts at our wedding reception, Chris's best man spoke of his admiration surrounding our balance with one another and the friendships in our lives. This balance has been something that we still strive to maintain. As we wrap up one of the most difficult years in our lives both as a married couple and as individuals, our friendships hold an even deeper value in our lives than we could have ever expected. For all of you who helped Chris, the kids and I during this year, we are deeply indebted. Specifically, Lisa and Joel, thank you for being family to Chris on the long days and sometimes weeks between our reunions. There is absolutely no way we could have made it through this year without their constant support.

Love, friendship and marriage...for THESE, I am thankful!

No comments: