Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Day 210: Round 2 Is Always Nice

Today I got to go to Ikea not once, but twice!

It seemed that no amount of prepared snacks, drinks, toys or pleas could prevent our children from melting down in the Swedish mecca. Thus, after about 15 minutes inside the store, we made a quick decision to exit as quickly as possible. I was so sad. Having waited a month to go and as well as having saved money aside to perk up our bedroom, I was seriously bummed to have to leave.

Long story short, Chris suggested that I call a friend and go back to do my shopping as a girls' afternoon sans kids. Ding ding! Off I went and I had a fabulous time too!

I really appreciate that my husband is flexible with our time together and also knows when something (that might seem stupid to others) means a lot to me. I love looking at home design stuff and dreaming up ways to make it all work in our home. Today, I got to let my imagination play and have a little girl time too!

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: