Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 219: Are you there, God? It's me, Meg's bellybutton.

I never thought that when I left my house at 6:15 this morning that I would return at 11:45 pm after having an unplanned operation! Needless to say, this won't be long as the powers of prescription pain killers are taking deep effect as I write. 

Long story short: I had a really bad stomach ache with ridiculously painful shooting pains. Worried about appendicitis, my doctor's office told me to skip them and go right to the ER. The result was not appendicitis, but an umbilical hernia. I seriously thought only babies could get those! The ER doc could not push the hernia back in and I was whisked away to surgery for repair. 

Before I knew it, I was coming to in the recovery room where I was blessed with the most incredible recovery nurses to take care of me. The pain was out of this world and Rhonda, Anya and Blake anticipated and took care of my every need.

There were so many factors that went into today's successful surgery from my teammates covering my afternoon classes at the drop of a hat to the swiftness of getting into surgery to the exemplary care of the docs and nursing staff at the hospital. 

Today, many hands, hearts and minds were at work to ensure my health. And for this I am unbelievably thankful!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Honey, I'm so sorry that happened, and so relieved that you came through well with the help of the nurses and docs. Take good care of yourself and call anytime, okay? Love to you.....and by the way, I was there when they made your belly button and I'm sure it's still perfect! xoxo