Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 235: Proud Mama & Papa

When I picked Sofia up from school today, her teacher pulled me aside to tell me about a little incident that had taken place during the day. I had no idea what to expect. She proceeded to explain that a group of kids had told Sofia she could not play with them and that she got upset. After taking a minute to calm down, color a picture and explain to the teacher what had happened, Sofia decided to try again.

With her chin held high, Sofia went and told the three kids that how they had acted had really hurt her feelings and that their words were unkind. A few minutes later, the three kids came and found her over by the teacher, apologized and asked her to play. Her teacher told me that Sofia was so thoughtful and sweet and immediately said, "It's okay, guys! Sure, I"ll play with you!" and ran off.

I'm not sure that I have ever been more proud of my little girl. Being at a new school can be really hard in so many ways and negotiating the path of new friendships can be especially difficult. The fact that she knew to handle the situation in a way that was so mature way absolutely blew my mind and touched the heart of her teacher.

Chris and I am one proud mama and papa tonight. And for this, I am thankful!




3 comments:

GPA said...

Growning up is hard and kids can be so mean. I'm proud of how Sofia handled this!

Granmary said...

Love that little girl!

Proverbs 31 Wives said...

Nice job Sofia. Cliques aren't cool. Glad you were able to break that little chain they built up.