Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 223: Dry Run

It was almost like I was 16 again; buckling my seatbelt in the driver's seat for the first time in 5 days. Here we go! Today was my first time behind the wheel, my last day off on medical leave and the kids needed to go to school and daycare so I could rest.  My neighbor met me upstairs to carry Nico out to the car and Sofia was in charge of her backpack (a very important job!). Everyone was in place. I was ready. I could do this! I had a slight tingle in my fingers as I turned the ignition. I'm actually driving again! 

And then I made my first turn. And hit the first bump. And slowed down suddenly in heavy traffic. OUCH! 

So my first driving experience wasn't the best. In fact, it was quite horrible. I'm seriously not a wimp but today's adventure sure made me feel like one! I absolutely cannot believe how much this 1-inch incision in my abdomen has affected my life. But it has and I need to focus on how I can use it to work for me and not against me. 

Despite the pain and the feelings of wimpiness, I'm definitely thankful that I was able to do a dry run and practice getting out of the house. Monday is a big day and my nerves have certainly lessoned now that I know what to expect out of my new morning routine. Oh, and now I know I should wear an ice pack on my stomach while I drive! :)

No comments: