Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, October 12, 2015

From Herding Cats to Smooth Sailing

Sometimes, everything just falls into place and sometimes, it doesn't. Our mornings usually fall into the latter category with a sweet mixture of whining and herding cats to get out the door. Regardless, it is my special time with the kids and we still find ways to find joy in the midst of lost items and breakfast decisions. 

This morning, however, was different. I got up with time to spare, made lunches, smoothies, breakfast and coffee. When the kids woke up, all the stuff that gets in the way of clockwork mornings was removed from the equation. There was no rushing or whining or suddenly missing socks. It was sooooo nice! Even better was the effect it had on the transition to the bus stop and the rest of the day...for all of us. 

Mornings really can set the tone for the whole day. I was gently reminded of that today. 

And for this, I am thankful. 

I'm going to bed now so I can try to repeat tomorrow!

No comments: