Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lifers

I have been fortunate in my life to have encountered women who have become life long friends. Some are single friendships while others are in groups. Whatever the form, these friendships have served as one of the most precious aspects of my life.

Every so often, an email or text chain begins and we cycle through all our lives, providing updates on families and the latest embarrassing mishap. These updates don't happen every week or even once a month. They happen when a moment strikes that can only be appreciated by the "lifers" and must be shared. 

I've had a few of those moments recently...conjuring up memories of days past, laughter, and dear, dear friends. So tonight, I am cherishing these moments. These friends. 

And for this, I am thankful. 

No comments: