Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, October 19, 2015

Misery Need Not Apply

Whelp! It wouldn't be fall in our house without an ear infection. We are so used to the routine by now that it takes me a nanosecond to know whether or not this kid has an infection. Not fun. 

However, tonight, I am choosing to look at the bright side of this situation. Here it goes...

I am thankful for having the experience to recognize quickly when our children have ear infections. 

I am thankful for a med center that is just minutes from our house which has always been filled with kind, knowledgeable staff. 

I am thankful that despite being in pain, Nico slowing down looks like this: 


I am thankful to have insurance that covers the needs of our family. 

I am thankful for the medication that was prescribed not out of protocol but out of a meaningful conversation as to what has historically worked best. 

It's been a long day of work and travel for both Chris and I. It would be easy to focus on the crappiness that is this situation. But tonight, I choose different. 

And a glass of wine. 

Perspective. For this, I am thankful. 

No comments: