Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Simple Moments Have Big Power

Man. Sometimes I feel like I've blinked and the day is over. Sometimes that's great and sometimes it's...scary. What if I miss something? I don't want to be the one who misses the big stuff...or the little stuff. I've really been working the last few weeks on making sure that I am fully present, especially where my family is concerned. 

Today, I found myself in a moment that I never wanted to end. I was so happy. Like, to the core, euphoric happy so that time momentarily stood still. And you know what? There was nothing spectacular about it. My parents and brothers were pulling out of the driveway after a visit for Sofia's birthday, and Chris and I were laughing as we stood in the garage. We were holding hands, he gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head. I felt connected. Whole. It was simple love and a simple moment. 

Sometimes, simplicity can hold the greatest value. I was present today, allowing me to live in the moment with Chris...as tiny as it may have been. 

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: