Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Day 58: How We Roll

Today I am thankful for the reminder that it is important to choose one's battles...especially when it comes to battling with a 4-year-old.

With a laundry list of things to accomplish today, I was eager to get out the door to get our grocery shopping done. Sofia had been playing dress-up: Princess Handy Manny on a Rainy Day. Her tool belt consisted of a belt that she connected her Handy Manny saw and her ice cream lip balm key chain. When I asked that she remove her dress-up items so we could leave, she insisted that she needed to bring everything she had on to the store with us. Oi. Just as I started to create a plan of attack to get her into a "normal" outfit, I realized that her using her imagination while we shopped was more normal than anything else!

So I let her wear her outfit to the store. She was happy, I was able to continue forward with my day and no harm was done. She even got several comments on how fabulous her outfit was while we shopped! Ahh, to be 4 again!

Sofia, in all her glory as Princess Handy Manny on a Rainy Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I see that Nico is going as:
diddle diddle dumpling, my son John
goes to bed with ONE SHOE ON!

Might clever, those children~!

ggkt

Debbie said...

She is obviously a fashion diva! :-) Way to pick your battles, honey.