Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 67: God Bless Wet Wipes and Wine

I was more than thrilled when I packed Sofia and Hayley up in the car after school to make the final stretch of the drive home. The day had been nothing short of non-stop and I just wanted to get home. All was good and fine until a fender bender on one of Denver's busiest streets took place on my route home.

It took me 35 minutes to travel 7 blocks.

Once I had passed the accident (that no one was hurt in, by the way) and was back up to speed again, I felt a sigh of relief. The girls had been happy and quiet, traffic was smooth and I was almost home!

And then I looked in the rear view mirror.

What I thought had been two lovely 4-year-olds coloring in the backseat in their dry erase books was actually two colorfully decorated 4-year-olds covered in red Expo dry erase marker! And I mean covered. From finger tip to shoulder and chin to forehead. C.O.V.E.R.E.D.

As soon we got home, we raced upstairs to grab some wet wipes to see if it would take off at least some of the marker tattoo artistry. I was totally panicking due to the obvious fact that the neighbor girl had been Sofia's canvas. What was Hayley's mom going to think? I was freaking out.

Luckily, much of the marker came off (thanks Huggies!) or at least faded to a level that a good soak in the tub will definitely remove. And now, as I sip on a glass of wine, I am able to see the hilarity of the entire situation. I SO wish I had thought to take a picture of the girls before cleaning them off to forever remember their first major coloring spree.

Oh well, I guess we all learned a little something today! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those wonderful wipes are so great for so many things and I am sure that there will be moments like the one yesterday to fill up your great memory book. Just reading your story brought memories to my mind. Thanks.
Aunt Connie