Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 80: Easter Photog



He Is Risen!

...and apparently my children got the memo! They were both up by 6 a.m. this morning ready and waiting to see what the Easter Bunny had hopped in to drop off last night. I woke up to squeals of excitement coming from the living room and pulled myself out of bed to go and see Sofia enjoy her basket and items on the side. It was really cute. 

After a really great service at church, we headed over to our friends' house for brunch. The food was delicious and the atmosphere completely relaxing. All-in-all, it was a lovely way to spend Easter Sunday.

But here's what I really love about Easter (and most holidays): I am awful at documenting the momentous events throughout the day on camera (i.e. opening presents, searching for eggs, etc.) and absolutely brilliant at taking pictures during complete NON-momentous events. :)

I tried for the LIFE of me to get a picture of the kids together. Nope. I told myself I would get pics of Sofia opening her Easter basket. Nope. Ooo ooo....then I told myself I would at least get a family picture. A big fat NO on that one too. 

Ah well. The moments that I did get throughout the day are just frosting on the cake of memories that I will have. 

I am thankful today for being able to spend a wonderful holiday with close friends and family, for being on a journey of Christianity with a husband who is as equally strong in his faith and devotion to God as I, and for pictures. Stupid pictures. For these pictures are but blinks in our lifetime but each precious in their own way. :) 

Happy Easter!


3 comments:

Momma Mia said...

I'm glad you had a nice day. The kids looks just darling, and it is fun to see Nico dressed up. Thanks so much for sharing.

Debbie said...

So glad it was a nice day, honey! The kids look adorable! I'm happy you had a chance to relax with Chris and friends....Good for you!

GPA said...

Too cute! Love those grandkids!!!!!!!!!