Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 75: Razzle Dazzle

A few months ago I received a phone call from another school district asking if I would be interested in running some professional development sessions on Google Apps. It all felt so bizarre -- I hadn't put my name out there, hadn't sought after work, hadn't done anything but my job.

Apparently that got me noticed.

I was completely terrified before the first session began and ran every possible self-doubting question through my brain. To my surprise, over 50 people attended and totally loved what they learned. I got great feedback and was invited to come back again for a second session.

Today was Session 2. Again, I was nervous and self-doubting. But, when I got a note from my friend Andrea that said, "Razzle dazzle 'em!", I knew everything would be just fine.

I know I have every reason to be confident in myself and my professional abilities but putting oneself out into an arena that is completely unknown is terrifying! I am so thankful for friends and family who are so supportive of my endeavors and can see my strengths when I have momentary blindness. :)

...and today's session was standing room only!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yea! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!!! We will be waiting to hear all of the details!!!
Congratulations!
Connie