Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 77: Willpower

For a person that loves food (eh hem, ME!), avoiding emotional eating can be difficult. Today, allllllll I wanted to do was order lunch out. Stressful morning = a well-deserved lunch, right? Wrong! Ordering out for lunch is reserved for Friday's. It is a tradition that Linda, Kristen and I began when I became the tech coordinator. It's an awesome way to end the week and something that the three of us always look forward to.

In a crucial moment, Linda and I avoided falling into a food trap and stuck with our original lunches instead. As much as re-heated macaroni and cheese wasn't my first choice, I felt really good about our decision in the end.

An extra few dollars in my pocket and a healthy food conscience... for this I am thankful.

No comments: