Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 73: The Novelty of a Roadside Pit Stop

Every other weekend, we made the four hour trek across the Rockies back and forth between Denver and Aspen. Every other weekend we make about four stops along the way between a four year old and a 9 month old. For the driver, ME!, this can get a bit tedious because frankly, I just want to get to my destination at a certain point.

Today, the timing of our Aspen departure seemed to be just right. Nico fell asleep and Sofia was thoroughly engrossed in her movie. Before I knew it, we had gone almost 3 hours without stopping! Woo hoo! Home was in sight-- just 30 minutes away. And then it happened.

Mama! I need to go to the bathroom. RIGHT NOW!

Of course, there was absolutely no where with a restroom in sight. So, I did what any self-respecting mother would do: I pulled over to the side of the highway and had Sofia squat on the side of the road!

She giggled the entire time and followed up her experience with, "Mom! That was the coolest thing I have ever done! I've never peed on the side of the road before!"

Today, I am thankful for a few of things: (1) that Sofia knows when she needs to go to the bathroom; (2) that we didn't have a major mess to clean up in my car; and (3) that I made it home in under 4 hours! :)

2 comments:

Daddio said...

I fell in love with her all over again this weekend and this is the cherry on top! Love U Fia!

Anonymous said...

BOy!!!! did this bring back memories. Thank you!>> You are doing a great job and to top it off you did make it home in under 4hours!!!!
Aunt Connie